Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Logan, Happy Birthday to you & many more!!! I Love you sweet lovin’ hot dog boy!
- 4 oz unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz bacon drippings ( 1/4 cup)
- 2.5 oz green bell pepper ( 1/3 cup)
- 8 oz yellow onions ( 1 cup)
- 4 oz celery ( 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz carrots (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (stems included)
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 10 1/2 oz fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 5 oz white corn tortillas (about 4-5)
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock (or 10 teaspoons chicken boullione granules and 2 1/2 quarts of water)
- 12 oz tomatoes (2 to 3 medium)
- 18 oz grilled boneless chicken breast
- Roux (thickener): 3 1/2 oz unsalted butter, 3 1/2 oz all-purpose flour
- Peel, clean and wash all vegetables.
- Place bell pepper, onion, celery, carrot and cilantro in a food processor and chop fine.
- Heat sauce pot over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add butter, olive oil and bacon fat.
- When the butter has fully melted, add the vegetables, white and black pepper, chili powder and cumin, salt, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent and slightly brown.While the vegetables cook, chop the tortillas in the food processor until fine. Add tortillas to the sauce pot and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken stock to the sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- While the soup is coming to a boil, prepare the roux. Heat a 6-10-inch saute pan over med-low heat. Add butter and melt fully. Add the flour and mix thoroughly using a wire whip. Cook roux for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add roux to the soup using a wire whip. reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Add diced chicken breast.
- Finely chop the tomatoes in food processor. Add corn and tomatoes to the soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup in equal parts into 8 heated soup bowls. Garnish each with fried tortilla strips, shredded cheese and pico de gallo.
1.My sis has a healthy baby girl, my new niece “Marley Vai”!
2. My sis had her baby early & my son CAN attend his girlfriend’s birthday party. Happy 13th Birthday Lexi!
3. I’m sick of eating junk food & ready to start a new low carb diet.
4. I crave something that I actually have in my fridge.
5. I separately pack my dirty laundry from clean clothes during trip, so I don’t have to, once I get home.
6. My Mother-in-law takes great care of our pets while were away. Thank’s so much NANA!!!!
7. SIRI gets my talk to text right, the first time.
8. SIRI actually finds what I’m looking for, without me calling her names…….( iPhone 4S)
9. The temperature is just right in my home!
10. When I return home from a trip and all my utilities are still running, means I didn’t forget to pay a bill! #absentmindedsometimes!